Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hyundai's new Genesis brand nabs former Bugatti designer

Former Bugatti designer Alexander Selipanov has been hired as Chief Designer at the Global Genesis Advanced Studio, a part of Hyundai's new luxury arm. He will be starting his new position in January 2017.

“I am sincerely excited about this opportunity, because it will be a new chapter in my career. As I have been working with well-established brands so far, Genesis is a new and refreshing challenge to me,” said Selipanov. “In addition, I am also honored to join this exciting journey, as it is a very rare chance to launch a luxury automotive brand and be part of its history. With growing expectations and curiosity around Genesis, I cannot wait to contribute my expertise and passion to the brand.”
Selipanov, a Russian national born in 1983, began his design career at the Volkswagen Design Center in Potsdam, Germany after he graduated from the Art Center College of Design in California in 2005. After VW, he joined Lamborghini, working on the exterior design team for the Huracán. In 2014, he was appointed Head of Exterior Design at Bugatti where he was responsible for the exterior design of the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo show car.

Source

No comments: